Jump to content

Olay sa Wiksyunaryo:Portal kan komunidad

Page contents not supported in other languages.
Magdagdag nin pag-uulayan
Hali sa Wiksyunaryo

Request for Adminship[baguhon]

I would like to apply as an administrator for this new wiki to secure the accuracy of entries, check the proper orthography of words, and secure this wiki from any sort of possible vandalism or false information. I have been an active editor of this wiki since its incubator stage and filed the final request for its approval. Thank you very much. --Kunokuno (olay) 13:25, 12 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

-Support. Kunokuno is a Bikolano Writer currently active in editing in Bikol Sentral Wiktionary even from its incubation. ---Brazal.dang (olay) 13:29, 12 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

STRONG SUPPORT - since Kunokuno is one of the contributing in Bikol Wikionary. --ShiminUfesoj (olay) 17:49, 13 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Strong Support He has played a great role during the incubator stage of this wiki. I think it would be helpful to make him an administrator since he is a regular editor of the wiktionary. Sherlock808 (olay) 14:34, 14 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply


Strong Support for Kunokuno. He taught me how to edit in Wiktionary and how to use Lingua Libre to provide pronunciations for words.Jheckpesino (olay) 15:32, 17 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Request for Adminship[baguhon]

Hello! I would like to extend my help in being an administrator for this newly-approved project. Currently there are templates and modules needed to be locked to secure the validity and the reliability of the project. Thank you. ---Brazal.dang (olay) 13:37, 12 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Strong Support. Her technical skills as a registered librarian would be of great help for this project since this also requires expertise in database management, proper categorization, and cataloging. Kunokuno (olay) 15:07, 12 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Strong Support --ShiminUfesoj (olay) 17:50, 13 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Strong Support I was one of the attendees during the trainer's training and I have learned a lot from her. She has also been an administrator during the incubator stage of this wiktionary. I hope she can still be part of developing and protecting this project.Sherlock808 (olay) 14:39, 14 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Strong Support I support Ms.Dang. She is dedicated on improving this project. She has also teach me on using Wiktionary and uploading on Wikicommons.Jheckpesino (olay) 15:44, 17 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Request for Adminship[baguhon]

I work on Bikol orthography and published an orthography guide book Antabay sa Ortograpiya nin Bikol Sentral in 2012. With Master's degree in Filipino and a member of Parasurat Bikolnon writers organization, I have become a Wiktionarian and am in fact the original proponent of Bikol Wiktionary, Bikol Wikipedia and Rinconada Bikol Wikipedia many years ago, I have a clear understanding of what a Wiktionary should be like. For example, meanings should have references and entries need to be in simple form as in no affixes specially in verbs. I would like to focus on these areas. Most importantly, I wish to give a sense of balance in the community of a project which should be open to ideas and to new editors from different backgrounds. Being a Wikimedian, I believe in collaboration rather than competition. --Filipinayzd (olay) 01:31, 13 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Strong Support --ShiminUfesoj (olay) 17:49, 13 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Strong Support -- (1) Impressive credentials and expertise as a Bikolano writer (2) The original proponent of the Wikimedia projects in the Bicol Region, Philippines which includes the Bikol Wiktionary, Bikol Wikipedia, and Rinconada Bikol Wikipedia (3) Passionate in uplifting the Bikolano language and other Philippine-based languages through the projects of the PhilWiki Community (PH-WC) in which he is the current President/Chairman. Personally, for someone who just joined the Bikol Community of the Wikimedia movement last year (2020), I became an active editor in the Bikol Wikipedia and Bikol Wiktionary through the PH-WC User Group's initiative. Finally, I believe that those three (3) qualifications I stated above are enough for him to be considered as an administrator of the Bikol Wiktionary. -- Ralffralff (olay) 22:25, 13 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Strong Support. DARIO SEVERI (olay) 11:00, 18 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Ano pa ba pwede[baguhon]

Aside sa Adminship ano pa pwede? Tatlo na nag-aaply ng Adminship hehe --ShiminUfesoj (olay) 17:57, 13 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Hello ShiminUfesoj! Pwede ka pa man mag-apply asin masuporta man giraray kami saimo. Dakulang tabang ang mga taga-ambag na arog mo. Mabalos! ----Brazal.dang (olay) 18:14, 13 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply
The more, the merrier! -Filipinayzd (olay) 00:56, 14 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Adminship request[baguhon]

Hi, i would like to apply an Adminship here in Bcl Wiktionary because I want to improved and also help to make this wiktionary more useful and helpful since the Bicol Central and other Bikol Languages have no online Dictionary, I Hope this website help to preserve my preseous language.. Thank you --ShiminUfesoj (olay) 17:54, 14 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Manungod sa mga entrada na audio clip sana an laman[baguhon]

Tano ta may mga artikulo na mayo man laog o boot sabihon alagad may audio, arog kan hangog? Dai daw ini magigin ano, o baka lalagan na sana nin mga boot sabihon pag-abot kan panahon --ShiminUfesoj (olay) 20:03, 15 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Dai man iyan magigin problema. Kolaborasyon man ini nin ambag. Pwede ka mag ambag tataramon, audio, litrato, pagsayod, halimbawa, o reperensya. An ano man na entra, sarong dai tapos na entra. Boot sabihon pwede pang dugangan nin mga kadagdagan na impormasyon pag abot kan panahon. Lugod imbis na limitaran ta an kapasidad kan maski si isay na paraambag, tabangan tang dugangan an laog kan entra, orog kun ini bako man nin bandalismo. Mabalos. :) Kunokuno (olay) 20:27, 15 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

--Dios Mabalos --ShiminUfesoj (olay)

Igwang ideal o pamantayan na artikulo kuta na magigin pattern para sa mga masurunod saka iba pang artikulo. --Filipinayzd (olay) 13:21, 16 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Urog na V.S. Mas[baguhon]

Hapot sana, pano gamiton an "UROG NA" sa sarong kataga pagkakaaram ko kaya ini an kapantay sa MAS na kastila. --ShiminUfesoj (olay) 10:38, 16 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

An urog/orog katampad kan mas o lalo na/lalo pa. Alagad kun para sa mga regular na paragamit o paradangog, ginagamit an mas ta iyo an pirming gamit o mas common. Kunokuno (olay) 10:53, 16 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply
Pwede man magribay-ribay an gamit kan nangurog na saka mas. Garo asin, sagkod, saka, budâ. --Filipinayzd (olay) 13:19, 16 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Request for adminship[baguhon]

I would like to be one of the admins of this wiki project. Jabolero (olay) 13:55, 18 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

Project/Rapid/MaroBos/Hatch-A-Wiki Project 2021[baguhon]

Good day everyone! I intend to do this simple project in order to develop our Wikiquote projects that are still in incubators (Central Bikol and Tagalog). This notice is required to be posted in community discussion pages related to the project. I hope this will be a success.MaroBos (olay) 23:04, 30 Abril 2021 (PST)Reply

Renewal of Adminship[baguhon]

Hello! I would like to inform the community that I will be applying for an extension on my role as an administrator in this project. I would like to continue fixing the modules and templates that I am still working on. There are still a lot of things in this project that need some fixing, others some updating. Thank you in advance for your support. Imelda (olay) 22:41, 14 Hulyo 2021 (PST)Reply

  • Strong support: There are only minimal contributions and edits during the previous months for this Wiki project. Her edits will be a big help for the BCL Wiktionary to remain active.Kunokuno (olay) 22:55, 14 Hulyo 2021 (PST)Reply

SheSaid Philippines 2021[baguhon]

Hello!

Wikiquote for Central Bikol and Tagalog language are both being improve by Wikimedians in the Philippines. To further promote this project to the community, we are planning to join the SheSaid Campaign this year. You can find more details about this project here:SheSaid Philippines 2021. We would like to invite everyone to join us in this campaign. Feel free to reach out.

Best,
Imelda (olay) 22:05, 7 Setyembre 2021 (PST)Reply

Central Bikol Wiktionary Edit-a-thon with Lingua Libre and Spell4Wiki Recording[baguhon]

Hello everyone,

I am currently applying for a rapid grant request for the improvement of our local Wiktionary. This will include incorporating audio recordings from Lingua Libre and Spell4Wiki application. Thank you. Daramlagon (olay) 20:20, 10 Nobyembre 2021 (PST)Reply

Hello Daramlagon!
Please share the link to your grant request application for the information of the everyone. I am hoping you can include activities to celebrate the birthday of our Wiktionary. Thanks! ---Imelda (olay) 13:53, 15 Nobyembre 2021 (PST)Reply
Hi Imelda! Hello everyone!
Here's the link to my grant request proposal submitted last November 10, 2021.
Re: Bikol Wiktionary's birthday celebration, the program and the list of activities are now being prepared. Feel free to suggest activities to make this upcoming celebration more fun and fruitful not only to us Wiki volunteers but most importantly to our readers.
Thank you and cheers to everyone present here! Padagos sana.
Daramlagon (olay) 18:25, 15 Nobyembre 2021 (PST)Reply

Request for Adminship[baguhon]

Hello, I recently received a grant funding from the WMF to head a campaign (Dec 2021-July 2022) for the Bikol Wiktionary. In this regard I would like to request administrator and interface administrator access to apply necessary changes and updates in the said platform especially in the language codes, spelling guide, diacritics, introductory grammar, entry organization, categories, and audio. These were based on your suggestions and feedback (see above). My goal is to make the platform more systematic, accessible, economical, and collaborative. This will also ensure a smoother and a more active participation from editors (both old and new) and readers which I have invited to participate in the 6-month campaign to revitalize Bikol Wiktionary. Cheers and padagos lang! Daramlagon (olay) 23:47, 3 Enero 2021 (PST)Reply

  • Strong Support. I have been working closely with Daramlagon and I can attest to his dedication for preserving our local language and making it accessible to everyone. I hope his request be granted. Kunokuno (olay) 00:26, 4 Enero 2022 (PST)Reply

Renewal of Adminship[baguhon]

Hello! I would like to inform the community that I will be applying for an extension on my role as an administrator in this project and possibly with an interface administrator rights as well. I would like to continue fixing the modules and templates that I am still working on. There are still a lot of things in this project that need some fixing, others some updating. Thank you in advance for your support. Imelda (olay) 13:59, 26 Enero 2022 (PST)Reply

Strong support. The project needs another support aside from the campaign organizer of the Language Preservation edit-a-thon Daramlagon, especially since it intends to reach the 5,000th entry by the first half of 2022. More thorough clean-ups and uniformity should be achieved and given the long experience of Brazal.dang in handling developing projects, she is most qualified for renewal of adminship. Kunokuno (olay) 14:54, 27 Enero 2022 (PST)Reply
Strong support
Strong support MaroBos (olay) 14:53, 27 Enero 2022 (PST)Reply
Strong support BiancaBrazal (olay) 19:12, 27 Enero 2022 (PST)Reply
Strong support Daramlagon (olay) 20:21, 2 Pebrero 2022 (PST) Kunokuno (kaulayon) 22:16, 27 Marso 2022 (PST)Reply

Bot policy[baguhon]

Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable) or bots that fix double redirects. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.

This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. If you use or prefer to use a dedicated project page for handling bot flag requests, that is also acceptable. Please read the text at Meta-Wiki before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement in two weeks if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests. Thank you for your consideration. --Rschen7754 12:23, 9 Agosto 2022 (PST)Reply

The Vector 2022 skin as the default in two weeks?[baguhon]

The slides for our presentation at Wikimania 2022

Hello. I'm writing on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Web team. In two weeks, we would like to make the Vector 2022 skin the default on this wiki.

We have been working on it for the past three years. So far, it has been the default on more than 30 wikis, including sister projects, all accounting for more than 1 billion pageviews per month. On average 87% of active logged-in users of those wikis use Vector 2022.

It would become the default for all logged-out users, and also all logged-in users who currently use Vector legacy. Logged-in users can at any time switch to any other skins. No changes are expected for users of these skins.

About the skin[baguhon]

[Why is a change necessary] The current default skin meets the needs of the readers and editors as these were 13 years ago. Since then, new users have begun using Wikimedia projects. The old Vector doesn't meet their needs.

[Objective] The objective for the new skin is to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. It draws inspiration from previous requests, the Community Wishlist Surveys, and gadgets and scripts. The work helped our code follow the standards and improve all other skins. We reduced PHP code in Wikimedia deployed skins by 75%. The project has also focused on making it easier to support gadgets and use APIs.

[Changes and test results] The skin introduces a series of changes that improve readability and usability. The new skin does not remove any functionality currently available on the Vector skin.

  • The sticky header makes it easier to find tools that editors use often. It decreases scrolling to the top of the page by 16%.
  • The new table of contents makes it easier to navigate to different sections. Readers and editors jumped to different sections of the page 50% more than with the old table of contents. It also looks a bit different on talk pages.
  • The new search bar is easier to find and makes it easier to find the correct search result from the list. This increased the amount of searches started by 30% on the wikis we tested on.
  • The skin does not negatively affect pageviews, edit rates, or account creation. There is evidence of increases in pageviews and account creation across partner communities.

[Try it out] Try out the new skin by going to the appearance tab in your preferences and selecting Vector 2022 from the list of skins.

How can editors change and customize this skin?[baguhon]

It's possible to configure and personalize our changes. We support volunteers who create new gadgets and user scripts. Check out our repository for a list of currently available customizations, or add your own.

Our plan[baguhon]

If no large concerns are raised, we plan on deploying in the week of October 3, 2022. If your community would like to request more time to discuss the changes, hit the button and write to us. We can adjust the calendar.

If you'd like ask our team anything, if you have questions, concerns, or additional thoughts, please ping me here or write on the talk page of the project. We will gladly answer! Also, see our FAQ. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 12:15, 22 Setyembre 2022 (PST)Reply

Wikimedia Youth Commemorates the International Youth Day 2022 in an exciting way in the Philippines[baguhon]

The Wiki Advocates Philippines joined young people from around the world in a series of thrilling activities to commemorate the International Youth Day (IYD) 2022 in the Wikimedia movement. The International Youth Day 2022 was organized globally by the WikiVibrance Project, a youth-focused initiative, to celebrate young people's voices, actions, and initiatives as well as their meaningful engagement in the Wikimedia movement. The WikiVibrance Project recognizes that young Wikimedians are part of the about 1.8 billion young people taking action to solve pressing issues in different corners of the world today and as such should celebrate their presence and contributions in building free knowledge on Wikimedia projects.

Wiki Vibrance Logo

As part of the exciting activities to mark the commemoration, we spotlighted Sheryl Jean B. Bengua and Daphne "Daph" Boncodin from the Philippines community alongside other young wikimedians from Rwanda, Nigeria, Ghana, and South Sudan for their commitment in advancing open knowledge. The IYD 2022 coordinator in Philippines, Anthony Diaz shared inspiring stories of the work of Filipino young people with featured young wikimedians from South Sudan, Bangladesh, Rwanda, Ukraine, Kenya, Palestine, Spain, Nigeria, Philippines, and Uganda during a session on 13th August at the 2022 Wikimania conference.

In September 2022, young wikimedians from Tanzania, Rwanda, Ghana, Philippines, Nigeria Benin, and South Sudan kickstarted a month-long campaign to improve content related to this year's IYD theme "Intergenerational Solidarity: Creating a World for All Ages on wikimedia projects. They focused on improving content on age-related diseases (eg diabetes, stroke, depression among others); youth and adult movements related to human rights; policies/laws/acts related to age discrimination in employment, healthcare; legal working & retirement age; youth exclusion; child labour; youth development; ageism as a whole; women and senior citizens in politics, health, employment sector; health risks posed by occupations taken by youths and senior citizens; child labor and rights; obstacles to employment or human right issues associated with Ageism among others.

Still in the spirit of the celebration, the spotlighted youth and lead organizer of IYD 2022 (Sheryl Jean B. Bengua, Daphne "Daph" Boncodin and Anthony Diaz) in Philippines will be joining a Winners Call (a social space call) on 30th September, 2022 to network with other recognized young people from the participating countries.

Through the International Youth Day 2022 activities, we hope to draw attention to the work of young wikimedians in the Philippines in growing knowledge on Wikimedia projects as well as their capacity on growing knowledge in the digital space. Recognizing the importance of this, we invite Filipino youth to join us on the WikiVibrance Project. You can follow the official social media handles @WikiVibrance on twitter, Instagram and Facebook to stay updated.


About WikiVibrance Project

The WikiVibrance Project aims at acknowledging and celebrating young Wikimedians advancing open knowledge through community engagement during international, regional and national youth days in order to create synergies, share knowledge and build capacities to contribute content of selected thematic areas across Wikimedia projects.

The core team members are: Euphemia Uwandu, Francesc Fort, Douglas Ssebaggala, Eben Mlay, and James Popoola.
---- Kunokuno (kaulayon) 20:12, 28 Setyembre 2022 (PST)Reply

Leadership Development Working Group Community Calls[baguhon]

An draft sa pagpakahulugan kun ano an magin pamayo (leader), na pighaman kan Leadership Development Working Group, pigpublikar para sa pagrerekisa kan komunidad asin sa pagtau nin komento kan Setyembre 15. Ini imbitasyon na magpartisipar sa pankomunidad na pangapudan na mangyayari online sa mga masunod na Sabado sa Oktubre 22 asin 29, 2022.

Magpalista igdi tangani na makabali sa gigibuhon na urulay:

Leadership Development Working Group/Community Call Invitation

An Leadership Development Working Group [LDWG] nagpublikar nin pighahaman na depenisyon para sa pankomunidad na pagkokomento asin pag-adal kan ika-15 kan Setyembre 2022. Nagtipon kami nin mga suhestyon asin komento na nagtapos kan Oktubre 6, 2022.

Makukua nindo an laog kan pighahaman na depenisyon igdi. Pwede nindo magamit an ano man na paagi na yaun nakalista sa ibaba tangani na makapagtau nin komento samuya!

Meta-Talk page

MS Forum Poll page

Feedback form

email

An mga apod madurar nin 60 hasta 90 minutos, kaiba an 20 minutos para sa introduksyon sa katuyuhan kan apod asin man mga bagong bareta sa pighahaman na depenisyon, kasunod kan bukas na pagdidiskurso. Mag sign-up kamo nin mas amay tangani na makaayon. Lugod magkahirilingan kita sa aldaw na iyan.

Anthony Diaz, LDWG Member (kaulayon) 22:29, 12 Oktubre 2022 (PST)Reply

Community Wishlist Survey 2023 opens in January[baguhon]

Please help translate to your language

(There is a translatable version of this message on MetaWiki)

Hello

The Community Wishlist Survey (CWS) 2023, which lets contributors propose and vote for tools and improvements, starts next month on Monday, 23 January 2023, at 18:00 UTC and will continue annually.

We are inviting you to share your ideas for technical improvements to our tools and platforms. Long experience in editing or technical skills is not required. If you have ever used our software and thought of an idea to improve it, this is the place to come share those ideas!

The dates for the phases of the Survey will be as follows:

  • Phase 1: Submit, discuss, and revise proposals – Monday, Jan 23, 2023 to Sunday, Feb 6, 2023
  • Phase 2: WMF/Community Tech reviews and organizes proposals – Monday, Jan 30, 2023 to Friday, Feb 10, 2023
  • Phase 3: Vote on proposals – Friday, Feb 10, 2023 to Friday, Feb 24, 2023
  • Phase 4: Results posted – Tuesday, Feb 28, 2023

If you want to start writing out your ideas ahead of the Survey, you can start thinking about your proposals and draft them in the CWS sandbox.

We are grateful to all who participated last year. See you in January 2023!

Mabalos! Community Tech, STei (WMF) 00:44, 16 Disyembre 2022 (PST)Reply

Your wiki will be in read only soon[baguhon]

Trizek (WMF) (Urulay) 05:21, 28 Pebrero 2023 (PST)Reply

Renewal of Adminship[baguhon]

Hello! I would like to inform the community that I will be applying for an administrator in this project and possibly with an interface administrator rights as well. I would like to continue fixing the modules and templates that I am still working on. There are still a lot of things in this project that need some fixing, others some updating. Thank you in advance for your support.

Imelda (Olay) 18:43, 3 Marso 2023 (PST)Reply

  • Strong support: The user has a lot of experience as an administrator in this project. The Central Bikol Wiktionary has a lot to improve at the moment and would need a dedicated administrator to handle it.
Kunokuno (kaulayon) 19:32, 3 Marso 2023 (PST)Reply

Wikimania 2023 Welcoming Program Submissions[baguhon]

Do you want to host an in-person or virtual session at Wikimania 2023? Maybe a hands-on workshop, a lively discussion, a fun performance, a catchy poster, or a memorable lightning talk? Submissions are open until March 28. The event will have dedicated hybrid blocks, so virtual submissions and pre-recorded content are also welcome. If you have any questions, please join us at an upcoming conversation on March 12 or 19, or reach out by email at wikimania@wikimedia.org or on Telegram. More information on-wiki.

Learning Clinic kaiba an WFHR![baguhon]

Muya ming ipadara an mensaheng ini hali sa Let’s Connect team!

Kan nakaaging semana nagkaigwa nin Learning Clinic manungod sa: Effective strategies for retaining and re-engaging new editors/participants during and after the WFHR campaign! Sa sesyon na ini masisimbagan an saindong mga kahaputan sa kun pano an pagpapadalagan kan sarong kampanya! Kun dai kamo nakaatender sa sesyon, yaun sa ibaba an mga session material tangani na mahiling nindo an mga urulay na mag-iinteres saindo!

Bilang parte kan post-session learning support asin connection, minapadara kami nin mga link sa mga deck kan mga naghiras kan saindang kaaraman:

  • Wikimedia Serbia - En
  • Wikimedia Foundation Growth Team - En

Iniimbitaran mi man kamo na hilingon an samong Learning Clinic: Tools, Guidelines, Templates doc tangani na maaaraman an samuyang natipon na mga resources asin kamo man makapaghiras nin mga resources na aram nindo. Uya an kopya kan recording kan sesyon kun muya nindo ining ihiras sa saindong mga network. Sa samuyang Meta-wiki page, pwede man nindong makua an mga recording sa manlain-lain na lenggwahe.

Inaandam mi na mahiling kamo sa samuyang sunod na tiripon sa Let’s Connect!

Kunokuno (kaulayon) 19:41, 21 Abril 2023 (PST), myembro kan Let's Connect Working GroupReply

Seeking volunteers for the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct process[baguhon]

Hello,

As follow-up to the message about the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines by Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Vice Chair, Shani Evenstein Sigalov, I am reaching out about the next steps. I want to bring your attention to the next stage of the Universal Code of Conduct process, which is forming a building committee for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). I invite community members with experience and deep interest in community health and governance to nominate themselves to be part of the U4C building committee, which needs people who are:

  • Community members in good standing
  • Knowledgeable about movement community processes, such as, but not limited to, policy drafting, participatory decision making, and application of existing rules and policies on Wikimedia projects
  • Aware and appreciative of the diversity of the movement, such as, but not limited to, languages spoken, identity, geography, and project type
  • Committed to participate for the entire U4C Building Committee period from mid-May - December 2023
  • Comfortable with engaging in difficult, but productive conversations
  • Confidently able to communicate in English

The Building Committee shall consist of volunteer community members, affiliate board or staff, and Wikimedia Foundation staff.

The Universal Code of Conduct has been a process strengthened by the skills and knowledge of the community and I look forward to what the U4C Building Committee creates. If you are interested in joining the Building Committee, please either sign up on the Meta-Wiki page, or contact ucocproject(_AT_)wikimedia.org by May 12, 2023. Read more on Meta-Wiki.

Best regards,

Xeno (WMF) 03:01, 27 Abril 2023 (PST)Reply

Selection of the U4C Building Committee[baguhon]

The next stage in the Universal Code of Conduct process is establishing a Building Committee to create the charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). The Building Committee has been selected. Read about the members and the work ahead on Meta-wiki.

-- UCoC Project Team, 12:21, 27 Mayo 2023 (PST)

Announcing the new Elections Committee members[baguhon]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello there,

We are glad to announce the new members and advisors of the Elections Committee. The Elections Committee assists with the design and implementation of the process to select Community- and Affiliate-Selected trustees for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. After an open nomination process, the strongest candidates spoke with the Board and four candidates were asked to join the Elections Committee. Four other candidates were asked to participate as advisors.

Thank you to all the community members who submitted their names for consideration. We look forward to working with the Elections Committee in the near future.

On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees,

RamzyM (WMF) 02:00, 29 Hunyo 2023 (PST)Reply

Admin Request[baguhon]

I would like to apply again as administrator for this wiki project. There are a lot of active contributors the past few weeks and I would like to monitor their entries, check the syntax and grammar, and maintain the accuracy of spelling based on the agreed orthography. Kunokuno (kaulayon) 12:53, 28 Agosto 2023 (PST)Reply

Review the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee[baguhon]

Hello all,

I am pleased to share the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct work. The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) draft charter is now ready for your review.

The Enforcement Guidelines require a Building Committee form to draft a charter that outlines procedures and details for a global committee to be called the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). Over the past few months, the U4C Building Committee worked together as a group to discuss and draft the U4C charter. The U4C Building Committee welcomes feedback about the draft charter now through 22 September 2023. After that date, the U4C Building Committee will revise the charter as needed and a community vote will open shortly afterward.

Join the conversation during the conversation hours or on Meta-wiki.

Best,

RamzyM (WMF), on behalf of the U4C Building Committee, 23:35, 28 Agosto 2023 (PST)Reply

Bilang kan mga Tataramon sa Bulan kan Setyembre[baguhon]

Central Bikol Wiktionary Entry Count for September

Ngunyan na bulan kan Setyembre, igwa na an satong komunidad nin nasa 6,185 na mga entrang tataramon. Naglalaom na abuton an ika-6,500 na tataramon sa katapusan kan bulan na ini. Mabalos sa gabos na nag-ambag ta ngani ini padagos pang mag-gulpi.

Top Editors for Central Bikol Wiktionary in August 2023
Top Editors for Central Bikol Wiktionary in August 2023




















Ini man an lista kan sampulong may pinakagulping edit kan nakaaging Agosto. Kunokuno (kaulayon) 12:11, 12 Setyembre 2023 (PST)Reply

== Opportunities open for the Affiliations Committee, Ombuds commission, and the Case Review Committee ==[baguhon]

Hi everyone! The Affiliations Committee (AffCom), Ombuds commission (OC), and the Case Review Committee (CRC) are looking for new members. These volunteer groups provide important structural and oversight support for the community and movement. People are encouraged to nominate themselves or encourage others they feel would contribute to these groups to apply. There is more information about the roles of the groups, the skills needed, and the opportunity to apply on the Meta-wiki page.

On behalf of the Committee Support team,

Review and comment on the 2024 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees selection rules package[baguhon]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Dear all,

Please review and comment on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees selection rules package from now until 29 October 2023. The selection rules package was based on older versions by the Elections Committee and will be used in the 2024 Board of Trustees selection. Providing your comments now will help them provide a smoother, better Board selection process. More on the Meta-wiki page.

Best,

Katie Chan
Chair of the Elections Committee

09:13, 17 Oktubre 2023 (PST)

The Vector 2022 skin as the default in three weeks?[baguhon]

Read this in your languagePlease help translate to your language • Please tell other users about these changes

Hello. I'm writing on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Web team. In two weeks, we would like to make the Vector 2022 skin the default on this wiki.

Global preferences

If you prefer keeping the current skin select "Vector legacy (2010)" on the appearance tab of the global preferences and save the change. We encourage you to give the new skin a try, though.

Since I last came to you with this question, many things have changed. The skin is now the default on most Wikipedias, and all logos are done! We have also made some tweaks in the skin itself. Below is the text I've sent to you once, but I'm sending it again, just slightly edited, for those who haven't seen it.

If you know what this is about, jump straight to the section "Our plan":

It would become the default for all logged-out users, and also all logged-in users who currently use Vector legacy as a local (but not global) preference. Logged-in users can at any time switch to any other skin. No changes are expected for these skins.

About the skin[baguhon]

Slides to our Wikimania 2022 presentation. You may also listen to the recording on YouTube (in English).

[Why is a change necessary] When the current default skin was created, it reflected the needs of the readers and editors as these were 14 years ago. Since then, new users have begun using the Internet and Wikimedia projects in different ways. The old Vector does not meet their needs.

[Objective] The objective for the Vector 2022 skin is to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. It introduces a series of changes that aim to improve problems new and existing readers and editors were having with the old skin. It draws inspiration from previous user requests, the Community Wishlist Surveys, and gadgets and scripts. The work helped our code follow the standards and improve all other skins. The PHP code in the other available skins has been reduced by 75%. The project has also focused on making it easier to support gadgets and use APIs.

[Changes in a nutshell] The skin introduces changes that improve readability and usability. The new skin does not remove any functionality currently available on the Vector skin.

  • The limited width and pin-able menus allow to adjust the interface to the screen size, and focus on editing or reading. Logged-in and logged-out users may use a toggle button to keep the full width, though.
  • The sticky header makes it easier to find tools that editors use often. It decreases scrolling to the top of the page by 16%.
  • The new table of contents makes it easier to navigate to different sections. Readers and editors jump to different sections of the page 50% more than with the old table of contents. It also looks a bit different on talk pages.
  • The new search bar is easier to find and makes it easier to find the correct search result from the list. This increased the amount of searches started by 30% on the tested wikis.
  • The skin does not negatively affect pageviews, edit rates, or account creation. There is evidence of increases in pageviews and account creation across partner communities.

[Customize this skin] It's possible to configure and personalize our changes. We support volunteers who create new gadgets and user scripts. Check out the repository for a list of currently available customizations and changes, or add your own.

Our plan[baguhon]

If no large concerns are raised, we plan on deploying on 14 November. If you'd like to ask our team anything, if you have questions, concerns, or additional thoughts, please comment in any language. If this is the first comment to my message, make sure to ping me. We will gladly answer! Also, check out our FAQ. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (urulay) 09:09, 26 Oktubre 2023 (PST)Reply

Hello, the change will be done later today. Please ping me or write on my talk page if you have any comments! Mabalos! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (kaulayon) 01:01, 30 Nobyembre 2023 (PST)Reply

Request for Administrator Access[baguhon]

Hi everyone, I will be requesting for administrator access to help clean up some entries and transfer other word entries into proper pages. Thank you. Kunokuno (kaulayon) 21:32, 16 Enero 2024 (PST)Reply

Vote on the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee[baguhon]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Hello all,

I am reaching out to you today to announce that the voting period for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) Charter is now open. Community members may cast their vote and provide comments about the charter via SecurePoll now through 2 February 2024. Those of you who voiced your opinions during the development of the UCoC Enforcement Guidelines will find this process familiar.

The current version of the U4C Charter is on Meta-wiki with translations available.

Read the charter, go vote and share this note with others in your community. I can confidently say the U4C Building Committee looks forward to your participation.

On behalf of the UCoC Project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 02:09, 20 Enero 2024 (PST)Reply

Last days to vote on the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee[baguhon]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Hello all,

I am reaching out to you today to remind you that the voting period for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) charter will close on 2 February 2024. Community members may cast their vote and provide comments about the charter via SecurePoll. Those of you who voiced your opinions during the development of the UCoC Enforcement Guidelines will find this process familiar.

The current version of the U4C charter is on Meta-wiki with translations available.

Read the charter, go vote and share this note with others in your community. I can confidently say the U4C Building Committee looks forward to your participation.

On behalf of the UCoC Project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 01:01, 1 Pebrero 2024 (PST)Reply

Announcing the results of the UCoC Coordinating Committee Charter ratification vote[baguhon]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Dear all,

Thank you everyone for following the progress of the Universal Code of Conduct. I am writing to you today to announce the outcome of the ratification vote on the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee Charter. 1746 contributors voted in this ratification vote with 1249 voters supporting the Charter and 420 voters not. The ratification vote process allowed for voters to provide comments about the Charter.

A report of voting statistics and a summary of voter comments will be published on Meta-wiki in the coming weeks.

Please look forward to hearing about the next steps soon.

On behalf of the UCoC Project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 02:24, 13 Pebrero 2024 (PST)Reply

Report of the U4C Charter ratification and U4C Call for Candidates now available[baguhon]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Hello all,

I am writing to you today with two important pieces of information. First, the report of the comments from the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) Charter ratification is now available. Secondly, the call for candidates for the U4C is open now through April 1, 2024.

The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) is a global group dedicated to providing an equitable and consistent implementation of the UCoC. Community members are invited to submit their applications for the U4C. For more information and the responsibilities of the U4C, please review the U4C Charter.

Per the charter, there are 16 seats on the U4C: eight community-at-large seats and eight regional seats to ensure the U4C represents the diversity of the movement.

Read more and submit your application on Meta-wiki.

On behalf of the UCoC project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 00:25, 6 Marso 2024 (PST)Reply

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees 2024 Selection[baguhon]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Dear all,

This year, the term of 4 (four) Community- and Affiliate-selected Trustees on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees will come to an end [1]. The Board invites the whole movement to participate in this year’s selection process and vote to fill those seats.

The Elections Committee will oversee this process with support from Foundation staff [2]. The Board Governance Committee created a Board Selection Working Group from Trustees who cannot be candidates in the 2024 community- and affiliate-selected trustee selection process composed of Dariusz Jemielniak, Nataliia Tymkiv, Esra'a Al Shafei, Kathy Collins, and Shani Evenstein Sigalov [3]. The group is tasked with providing Board oversight for the 2024 trustee selection process, and for keeping the Board informed. More details on the roles of the Elections Committee, Board, and staff are here [4].

Here are the key planned dates:

  • May 2024: Call for candidates and call for questions
  • June 2024: Affiliates vote to shortlist 12 candidates (no shortlisting if 15 or less candidates apply) [5]
  • June-August 2024: Campaign period
  • End of August / beginning of September 2024: Two-week community voting period
  • October–November 2024: Background check of selected candidates
  • Board's Meeting in December 2024: New trustees seated

Learn more about the 2024 selection process - including the detailed timeline, the candidacy process, the campaign rules, and the voter eligibility criteria - on this Meta-wiki page, and make your plan.

Election Volunteers

Another way to be involved with the 2024 selection process is to be an Election Volunteer. Election Volunteers are a bridge between the Elections Committee and their respective community. They help ensure their community is represented and mobilize them to vote. Learn more about the program and how to join on this Meta-wiki page.

Best regards,

Dariusz Jemielniak (Governance Committee Chair, Board Selection Working Group)

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/2021/Results#Elected

[2] https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Committee:Elections_Committee_Charter

[3] https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Minutes:2023-08-15#Governance_Committee

[4] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_committee/Roles

[5] Even though the ideal number is 12 candidates for 4 open seats, the shortlisting process will be triggered if there are more than 15 candidates because the 1-3 candidates that are removed might feel ostracized and it would be a lot of work for affiliates to carry out the shortlisting process to only eliminate 1-3 candidates from the candidate list.

MPossoupe_(WMF)03:57, 13 Marso 2024 (PST)Reply

Vote now to select members of the first U4C[baguhon]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Dear all,

I am writing to you to let you know the voting period for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) is open now through May 9, 2024. Read the information on the voting page on Meta-wiki to learn more about voting and voter eligibility.

The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) is a global group dedicated to providing an equitable and consistent implementation of the UCoC. Community members were invited to submit their applications for the U4C. For more information and the responsibilities of the U4C, please review the U4C Charter.

Please share this message with members of your community so they can participate as well.

On behalf of the UCoC project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 04:20, 26 Abril 2024 (PST)Reply

Sign up for the language community meeting on May 31st, 16:00 UTC[baguhon]

Hello all,

The next language community meeting is scheduled in a few weeks - May 31st at 16:00 UTC. If you're interested, you can sign up on this wiki page.

This is a participant-driven meeting, where we share language-specific updates related to various projects, collectively discuss technical issues related to language wikis, and work together to find possible solutions. For example, in the last meeting, the topics included the machine translation service (MinT) and the languages and models it currently supports, localization efforts from the Kiwix team, and technical challenges with numerical sorting in files used on Bengali Wikisource.

Do you have any ideas for topics to share technical updates related to your project? Any problems that you would like to bring for discussion during the meeting? Do you need interpretation support from English to another language? Please reach out to me at ssethi(__AT__)wikimedia.org and add agenda items to the document here.

We look forward to your participation!

MediaWiki message delivery 05:23, 15 Mayo 2024 (PST)Reply

Feedback invited on Procedure for Sibling Project Lifecycle[baguhon]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Dear community members,

The Community Affairs Committee (CAC) of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees invites you to give feedback on a draft Procedure for Sibling Project Lifecycle. This draft Procedure outlines proposed steps and requirements for opening and closing Wikimedia Sibling Projects, and aims to ensure any newly approved projects are set up for success. This is separate from the procedures for opening or closing language versions of projects, which is handled by the Language Committee or closing projects policy.

You can find the details on this page, as well as the ways to give your feedback from today until the end of the day on June 23, 2024, anywhere on Earth.

You can also share information about this with the interested project communities you work with or support, and you can also help us translate the procedure into more languages, so people can join the discussions in their own language.

On behalf of the CAC,

RamzyM (WMF) 10:26, 22 Mayo 2024 (PST)Reply

Announcing the first Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee[baguhon]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Hello,

The scrutineers have finished reviewing the vote results. We are following up with the results of the first Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) election.

We are pleased to announce the following individuals as regional members of the U4C, who will fulfill a two-year term:

  • North America (USA and Canada)
  • Northern and Western Europe
  • Latin America and Caribbean
  • Central and East Europe (CEE)
  • Sub-Saharan Africa
  • Middle East and North Africa
  • East, South East Asia and Pacific (ESEAP)
  • South Asia

The following individuals are elected to be community-at-large members of the U4C, fulfilling a one-year term:

Thank you again to everyone who participated in this process and much appreciation to the candidates for your leadership and dedication to the Wikimedia movement and community.

Over the next few weeks, the U4C will begin meeting and planning the 2024-25 year in supporting the implementation and review of the UCoC and Enforcement Guidelines. Follow their work on Meta-wiki.

On behalf of the UCoC project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 16:15, 3 Hunyo 2024 (PST)Reply

The final text of the Wikimedia Movement Charter is now on Meta[baguhon]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Hi everyone,

The final text of the Wikimedia Movement Charter is now up on Meta in more than 20 languages for your reading.

What is the Wikimedia Movement Charter?

The Wikimedia Movement Charter is a proposed document to define roles and responsibilities for all the members and entities of the Wikimedia movement, including the creation of a new body – the Global Council – for movement governance.

Join the Wikimedia Movement Charter “Launch Party”

Join the “Launch Party” on June 20, 2024 at 14.00-15.00 UTC (your local time). During this call, we will celebrate the release of the final Charter and present the content of the Charter. Join and learn about the Charter before casting your vote.

Movement Charter ratification vote

Voting will commence on SecurePoll on June 25, 2024 at 00:01 UTC and will conclude on July 9, 2024 at 23:59 UTC. You can read more about the voting process, eligibility criteria, and other details on Meta.

If you have any questions, please leave a comment on the Meta talk page or email the MCDC at mcdc@wikimedia.org.

On behalf of the MCDC,

RamzyM (WMF) 16:45, 11 Hunyo 2024 (PST)Reply