Ralff Nestor S. Nacor is a licensed Chemical Engineer in the Philippines. Outside his profession, he is a Wikimedia editor and cultural volunteer.
He is a graduate of B.S. Chemical Engineering from the University of the Philippines - Diliman in 2017 and passed the licensure examination for chemical engineers in the same year.
He is currently a graduate student of M.S. Environmental Engineering at University of the Philippines - Diliman and works as a pilot-scale brewer in a known Filipino beer company. He also has a teaching experience in mathematics and the physical sciences.
In June 2021, he was invited as keynote speaker for Philippine Institute of Chemical Engineers - Junior Chapter Luzon (PIChE-JCL) Fair 2021 discussing the topic Chemical Engineers and the Food & Beverage Industry and sharing also his advocacies in writing scientific information in the local language.
Wikimedia and cultural volunteering
He is an administrator/sysop of Bikol Wikipedia, the largest website in the Bikol language, starting April 2021. As an editor, his objective is to contribute to the preservation, promotion, and intellectualization of the Bikol language through Bikol Wikipedia.
He had his first edits in the English Wikipedia for specific Philippine-related articles in 2014. By joining the Bikol Wikipedia in the early 2020, he started using the username Ralffralff. As a part of the community, he served as President (March 2021-March 2022), Board Member (September 2020-March 2022), and Auditor (June 2020-March 2021) of PhilWiki Community (PH-WC) which is based in Naga City.
In December 2022, he co-founded Pilipinas Panorama Community (PPC), a thematic community based in Metro Manila advocating for freedom of panorama (FOP) and cultural heritage preservation in the Philippines. He is also the proponent of the Philippine Panorama Project initiative of PPC.
Advocacies and projects
Local language as learning resource
- WikiProyekto Siyensya - writing science-related articles using the Central Bikol language
- WikiProyekto Portal - publishing and design of portal pages in the Bikol Wikipedia
- WikiDepth Project - pilot study on improving the editing depth of selected Philippine language-based Wikipedia projects (November 2021-December 2022)
Cultural heritage preservation
- Philippine Panorama Project - initiative which aims to collect media files of cultural heritage in every Philippine town
- Media related to Category:Philippine Panorama Project at Wikimedia Commons
Other editing activities
- Wikimedia contributions by Ralffralff
- Hiligaynon Wikipedia (Wp/hil) at Wikimedia Incubator
- Extended Confirmed User at English Wikipedia
- Photo contributions at Wikimedia Commons (mainly from places within the Greater Manila to Bicol corridor)
User talk pages on different Wikimedia projects:
Contact Ralffralff via:
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- linkedin: ralffnacor
- website: linktr.ee/ralffnacor
|Users by language|